Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October 1st!

Rain.


I am pretty positive that every time a Coe student sees rain on the forecast, something dies a little inside. Umbrellas just can't keep your feet dry on the Coe campus!

Looking out from my third-floor window, I see many students with umbrellas or soaking wet heads. I see people running, others walking no faster than any other day. We all have different ways to deal with the cold, windy, miserable rainy day. But most of us still have a problem with our feet! There are puddles the size of lakes on some parts of the sidewalks and rivers running straight through some of the paths! A lucky few have rainboots (something I ought to invest in, really...), the rest wear flip flops because they dry the fastest. Others who are not so smart, such as myself, wear canvas shoes... so their feet can freeze all during class.

Rain is the one part of the college experience I just cannot stand! At least in high school I only got wet coming in from the parking lot! But I'll just have to wait and see how well I do with snow... and ice... and winter... Yuck!

In other news: Midterm is fast approaching (or over in some of my classes... woo hoo!) so this is going to be an active brain week! It will then be followed by a dead brain week. :P

0 comments: