Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All I can say is.....

BRRRRR!


Where did summer/warm fall go?!

I am sitting here in my dorm room with the air turned to 80 degrees, so that it won't turn on and turn me into an icicle every 5 minutes, listening to the wind whistle and howl outside my window. (This sound fills me with dread every day around cross country time...)

It is kind of sad that we've already gotten to the cold, windy part of fall. The warm, sunny autumn days that are reminiscent of summer are the best. It still lends a fun, whimsical feeling to the school year. But once it gets cold, I can't go out and get distracted in the sunshine... so instead I have to buckle down and get things done. Yuck!

I will tell you though, that cross country in this weather is all sorts of fun! It is colder, so I run faster, and feel awesomer. :P And it's like a game to try not to get blown off course by the wind when it's gusting at 40 mph. And sometimes, you can even compare who has the reddest legs at the end of practice. I just hope it stays this temperature for our HOME MEET at JONES PARK on SATURDAY MORNING around 10:30. (::hint hint...::). Because then we're going to smoke it!

And in case no one caught that serious pimpage...

Coe cross country has a HOME MEET on SATURDAY MORNING. Girls run around 10:30 and boys around 11:30 (I think). It is at JONES PARK. You should come and cheer us on, Kohawks and future-Kohawks!

0 comments: