Thursday, January 28, 2010

:)

So, the new term is going really well. I'm totally settled into my new room, my classes are balancing themselves in my schedule really, really well, and the weather has been totally bipolar, as expected.

I am entertaining ideas of being an RA next year; my FYS professor from last term recommended me to the residence life people, and after looking at the RA info/application, it seems like a very appealing choice. The application is due next Friday, so I have a little time to mull it over. I'm going to an information session this afternoon after my 2 o'clock class. Woo!

And if I can make a suggestion to anyone who reads this blog and is a college student/future college student: GET NETFLIX. I went through all last term begging my parents to rent movies from their account so I could watch them when I stop by on the weekend before/after work. Then I realized that getting my own account would only be $9-14 a month. I've been watching TV shows and movies like nobody's business since the first of the year. I've watched three seasons of Weeds, the entire first season of True Blood and am now onto the actual movies I've put into my queue. It's more than worth the minimal cost. I get a movie, watch a movie, send it back, and then get a new one in 2-3 days. It makes getting my mail so much awesomer, because now I actually GET mail!

Now I'm off to class. Having only one class and having that class be at 2 pm is probably the second best decision I made this term. :P

0 comments: