Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HOME!

I am home for Thanksgiving break! Since my parents live 10 minutes from campus, it's not hard to get here. I come home about every Sunday to hang out with the fam before/after I go to work at Hy-Vee. But now I get to actually come home. Sleep in my own bed for a while, sit on the big, warm couch, watch the big, pretty TV... ah... the joys of home.


It's strangely weird and exciting at the same time to be home. I get to shower without wearing flip flops. I can sleep in basically complete darkness and sleep without worrying about anyone else hearing my morning alarm. But now I have to pack a TON of stuff to... come home? I am so firmly rooted in my room at Coe that it's almost a pain to have to come home. So much clothes, toiletries, power cords... ugh. It's just way to complicated (but welcomed anyway)!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am really excited to be getting some good, quality food in me. I'll be gorging myself on my great-grandma's fresh bread, lots of turkey, potatoes and gravy, non-dried-out baby carrots.... yum.

And seeing high school friends will be the highlight of my week (shortly followed by my own bed... because that's always awesome). I've already met with two friends who I am meeting up with again this week. It's going to involve a lot of food, a lot of talking, a lot of being awesome and happy and stuff.

Then again, I fear that the end of the week will come to soon and I'll be piling back into my dorm again... ::sigh:: Let's cross our fingers that it doesn't play out that way. :)

0 comments: