Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fun week!

This week has been so busy, but in the best way possible. :) I have had a ton of reading to do, but nothing boring, so that's a plus. I've started back up running this week after taking a week off, and the week off helped a ton. I'm running faster on day-to-day runs than I was a month ago.


On Wednesday, Hana Pestle came to Coe. She was amazing. She played a bunch of original songs that you can find on her Myspace as well as some really great covers. She played "Creep" by Radiohead and did a really awesome cover of "Zombie" by the Cranberries, which she finished by mixing it in with "Paparazzi." It was a really fun night, followed by a ton of writing for National Novel Writing Month (nearly at 50k now!)

Then last night, I went to the Coe theater production of "She Would if She Could." It was three hours long -- pretty much on the dot -- but it was really, really entertaining. I wasn't always quite clear on what was going on (or, rather, who was lusting after who). There was a ton of innuendo and between each scene there was a funny sexual song. It definitely wasn't for kids, but watching old men in the audience being serenaded by one of the actresses in the cast was hilarious for everyone in the theater. There are going to be more showings this weekend and next, so I would definitely recommend going; it was a blast.

0 comments: